Formal and Informal Expressions
|a. I sought an immediate meeting with the head.
b. I was extremely upset.
c. I have no intention of…
|a. I went straight to the headmaster.
b. I was just fuming.
c. there is no way I’m…
|a. We’ve been trying to resolve…
b. Initially we were assured…
c. Pupils are expected to bring credit upon themselves…
d. We have not excluded Ashley from school. We have allowed her to attend normal lessons.
|a. We’ve been trying to sort out…
b. First, we were told…
c. Pupils ought to show a bit of self-respect…
d. We haven’t thrown Ashley out of the school as usual…
|1. I was extremely angry that…
2. I have no intention of ever allowing him into my classes.
3. I shell seek an immediate meeting with the director.
4. we have come to the decision that your son should be excluded from this school.
5. Initially, I’d like to clarify that classes will take place as normal.
|1. I was so cross that he did not sort out the problem of the timetable.
2. There’s no way I’m going to let him into my classes again.
3. I’m going straight to the boss.
4. We’ve decided that your son should not come back to this school.
5. First, I’d like to make it clear to you that classes will take place as normal.